EXUS as Partner
Securing the European Gas Network
SecureGas focuses on the 140.000Km of the European Gas network covering the entire value chain from Production to Distribution to the users, providing methodologies, tools and guidelines to secure existing and incoming installations and make them resilient to cyber-physical threats.
Three business cases, addressing relevant issues for the Gas sector and beyond (e.g. oil), have been identified so that to ensure the delivery of solutions and services in line with clear needs and requirements, focused on:
• risk-based security asset management of gas transmission and distribution networks;
• impacts (economic, environmental and social) and cascading effects of cyber-physical attacks on interdependent and interconnected European Gas grids;
• integrity and security, through the operationalization of resilience guidelines, of strategic installations across the EU Gas network.
SecureGas tackles these issues by implementing, updating, and incrementally improving extended components, integrated and federated according to an High-Level Reference Architecture built upon the SecureGas Conceptual Model, a blue print on how to design, build, operate and maintain the EU gas network to make it secure and resilient against cyber-physical threats. The components are contextualized, customized, deployed, demonstrated and validated in each business case, according to the scenarios defined by the end-users. Related services provided by SecureGas will be offered to the end-users via a Platform as a Service (PaaS), that allows modularity, flexibility, cooperation and third-party interoperability, thus securing a long-lasting impact, supporting the project exploitation strategy.
A multidisciplinary consortium (Gas operators, technology providers, research institutions, sector-related associations), supports the project implementation across Construction, Demonstration and Validation phases, as well as a Stakeholder Platform ensures inputs, advise, and a wider Diffusion of the project outcomes.
06/2019 - 05/2021
SecureGas will integrate security and resilience in energy infrastructure lifetime with a scalable and replicable approach to other segments (e.g. oil) or critical infrastructures at European level and covering the whole value chain (upstream, midstream and downstream). In line with the policy framework, SecureGas will positively affect EU security by:
• adopting a Gas CI-customized panarchy model that combines resilience capabilities and the disaster management cycle and is applicable to the whole infrastructure life cycle from e.g. the threat monitoring of provisions in the gas supply contracts to the security monitoring in the operations or fast predictive simulations of disruptions including recovery.
• operationalizing resilience guidelines for strategic installations to protect assets’ operations (covering IT and OT) therefore producing effective infrastructure preventive action and emergency plans, minimizing recovery time and maximizing business continuity.
• developing comprehensive models for (economic, social, environmental) impact assessment and cascading effects to the gas network in extreme supply crisis scenarios including innovative driver factors such as the impact of solidarity mechanism introduced by the regulation to enhance regional coordination and cooperation between Member States or the effect of investments to security of gas supply using cost-benefit evaluation.
RINA CONSULTING SPA (Italy)
FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V. (Germany)
LEONARDO - SOCIETA PER AZIONI (Italy)
KENTRO MELETON ASFALEIAS (Greece)
DEPA COMMERCIAL SA (Greece)
ENI SPA (Italy)
GUARDTIME OU (Estonia)
AB AMBER GRID (Lithuania)
ELBIT SYSTEMS C4I AND CYBER LTD (Israel)
1WINGS ICT SOLUTIONS INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES IKE (Greece)
IDEMIA IDENTITY & SECURITY GERMANYAG (Germany)
ADPM DRONES SRL (Italy)
RIGAS TEHNISKA UNIVERSITATE (Latvia)
JRC -JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE- EUROPEAN COMMISSION (Belgium)
EXUS SOFTWARE MONOPROSOPI ETAIRIA PERIORISMENIS EVTHINIS (Greece)
GAP ANALYSIS SOCIETE ANONYME RISK AND ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY AE (Greece)
INNOV-ACTS LIMITED (Cyprus)
AGENZIA PER LA PROMOZIONE DELLA RICERCA EUROPEA (Italy)
TECHNOLOGICKA PLATFORMA ENERGETICKABEZPECNOST CR ZS (Czechia)
ETAIREIA DIANOMIS AERIOU ATTIKIS ANONYMI ETAIREIA (Greece)
D.M.A.T. CONSULTING KG (Austria)